Our mission calls us to share the good news of Christ locally and globally, and there are so many ways to serve. We encourage you to speak with a pastor or staff member to get plugged in — we would be glad to help align your gifts with an area of need!
- Greeter and usher ministries — welcoming individuals on Sunday mornings worship
- Office administration — answering phones, greeting visitors
- Teaching Sunday school, or starting a new class or small group
- Chaperoning a youth outing
- Assisting with the altar guild and the set-up for worship services
- Helping with church communications, including taking photos for social media
- Playing with our children during the church hour by volunteering for worship care
One of our cornerstones is “serving the greater good in ministry and mission.” We use our gifts to change the lives of the underserved in our neighborhood of Dunwoody and throughout the Atlanta area- listed below are a few organizations Kingswood Church supports.
- Transitional Housing Support: We are a host congregation for Family Promise of North Fulton and DeKalb. Partnering with a dozen other local congregations, we are working to bring about an end to homelessness in our community by providing temporary housing and assistance to those with children in need.
- Food for Those in Need: Through The Lord’s Storehouse ministry, Kingswood Church maintains a supply of food, toiletries, and hygiene products on-site at the church to give to those in need in our community.
- Habitat for Humanity: Atlanta Habitat goes beyond-the-build to spur neighborhood revitalization and enable homeowners to pursue educational and professional goals that will positively impact families for generations.
- Street Sack Ministry: Thanks to the efforts of volunteers and contributed supplies (toiletries, socks, snacks, etc.), Kingswood Church packs bags which can be provided to those in need.
- School Supplies: Our congregation has partnered to pack back-to-school supply boxes for all teachers at local area schools including Kingsley Elementary School and Chesnut Charter Elementary School. Faculty from both schools have expressed gratitude for Kingswood Church’s generosity and ongoing support.
- Rise Against Hunger and World Vision: Annually since 2013, we participate in a meal packaging event. Well over 200,000 meals have been packed by members of the Kingswood Church community and shipped around the world to areas of need.
- The Hinton Center creates opportunities to serve with others in repairing or building homes with local families, and to grow in understanding of faith in action.
- Honduras Mission Trip: In partnership with HOI, Inc., teams from Kingswood Church have served over several years at Rancho el Paraiso.
- UMCOR: Nationally, our support of UMCOR helped serve people devastated by natural disasters. Our support of the general and annual conference initiatives drought needed relief to areas where unemployment is highest and medical care scarcest.
- Other regional and global ministries through apportioned giving: A portion of all giving at Kingswood Church travels to fund ministries in the Southeast and around the world through the General and Jurisdictional Church Funds of the United Methodist Church.