The following terms and conditions apply when registering for an event on the Kingswood Church web site, in consideration of your participation (or your family members’ participation) in the event:
- Photo Release: By registering for an event and completing your order, you grant permission to Kingswood United Methodist Church Inc. and its representatives to create and use videos, photographs, and sound recordings, in physical or digital form (“recordings,” collectively). You understand these recordings may include minor children of yours participating in the event. You grant Kingswood Church permission to use these recordings for publicity, in news releases, on its web site, in social media, or in other forms. You authorize the use of these images without royalty or other compensation paid to you.
- Electronic Communications: You agree to receive electronic communications relating to your participation in the event and will complete any “opt in” steps that may be required.
- Assumption of Risk: By registering for an event and completing your order, you agree to place those registered, which may include your minor child(ren), in a program offered by Kingswood United Methodist Church Inc. You understand that there is a degree of risk of injury (such as scrapes, bruises, falls, or worse) or property loss (such as theft of unsecured property) with this program and accept that certain activities may require a certain fitness level for full participation. You agree to assume all such risks and further understand that it is not possible for Kingswood Church to articulate all such risks individually.
- Health Conditions: You affirm that the registered participants have no health problems that would preclude participation in the program(s). You authorize Kingswood United Methodist Church Inc. to obtain emergency care for participants if it is needed and share medical information with emergency personnel. In the event that such medical services are necessary, you will assume these costs.
- Release and Waiver of Liability: You also release Kingswood United Methodist Church Inc. and any and all staff, independent contractors, volunteers, instructors, coaches, agents, sponsors, affiliates, and representatives harmless from all claims resulting from injury in or related to this program, including claims of negligence, which may occur during present or future participation. You make this release on behalf of yourself, your spouse and heirs, agents, administrators, and assigns.
- Indemnification: You agree to indemnify and defend Kingswood United Methodist Church Inc. and the parties listed above from claims, including those made by third parties. This indemnity extends to legal costs, attorney’s fees, court costs, and investigative costs.
For youth basketball, the following refund policy also applies:
- Youth Basketball Refund Policy: If a player withdraws before November 1st, registration fees will be refunded. If there are not enough players to form a team in the player’s age group, registration fees will be refunded. Once teams are formed at the start of November, you acknowledge that you will no longer be eligible to receive a refund for any reason.
If any component of these Terms and Conditions is deemed to be invalid, there is no impact to the remaining Terms and Conditions.
Last updated September 8, 2019.