Your safety and the safety of those in our community are incredibly important. That’s why Kingswood Church has developed detailed protocols to allow a safe return to in-person activities as part of a phased approach. At the same time, we regretfully recognize that not everyone will feel comfortable on the church campus, so we have made significant investments in live-streaming capabilities so that whether you are at home or in our building, you can fully participate in the worship of God.
Here’s some of what you can expect when you visit Kingswood Church — expand each section to learn more:
Masks and Social Distancing Are Required
- Masks must be worn by all who enter who are three years of age and older. We encourage you to bring your own mask, but we will have masks available for those who do not have one.
- In our worship spaces and meeting rooms, we have determined the maximum seating capacity that allows for safe social distancing according to CDC guidelines and set capacity limits accordingly. For worship, advance reservations are required.
- Social distancing is required throughout the Kingswood Church campus. This applies to everyone except those within a family unit.
- Handshaking, hugging, and physical contact outside your family unit is not allowed.
When Entering the Building
- Prior to entering the building for worship, temperature checks are required for all attendees. If any member of a party has a temperature of 100.4° or higher, the entire party will not be allowed to enter.
- Greeters will check your reservation and direct you to one of the reserved seating areas.
- Several seats will be available for first-time visitors without a reservation.
In the Facility
- We have installed air purification systems in the sanctuary, narthex, and other areas of the church building.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the building, especially near entrances.
- All hymnbooks, pew Bibles, envelopes, pens, pencils, and extra chairs will be removed from the sanctuary.
- We have enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols in place.
- Worship services will be shortened to 45 minutes.
- Worship leaders and staff will wear masks and only remove them while speaking.
- In this phase of our reopening, there will be no singing during worship. Live instrumental music and pre-recorded vocalists will be used in worship.
- Children will not come forward for the Moment for Children.
- Regrettably, we will be unable to offer nursery or worship care services at this phase of our reopening. We also will not have activity bags available for children during the service.
After You Leave
- Please do not congregate in the area outside the sanctuary or under the portico at the entrance.
- If you test positive for COVID, please notify the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at (770) 457-1317.
- We will notify members in attendance and — to the best of our ability — help to notify those that were sitting around you or whom you might have come into close contact with while preserving your confidentiality.
- We may close for a period of time if a positive case is reported. Adjustments to our schedule will be communicated via our web site, email, and social media. However, it is our intention to continue to live stream worship, even if members and visitors cannot attend worship in-person.
We understand that unfortunately, not everyone will feel comfortable returning to worship in person. Our church commits to collective prayer for the vulnerable in our community and everyone who has experienced the wide-ranging impacts of COVID-19. If there is any way we can support you, please contact the church office.
Worship will be different — in the ways described here and more — but the God we worship remains the same. For more information, we invite you to read our detailed Reopening Protocol.