There are many opportunities to serve at Kingswood, and our members are very active within the church. We encourage all visitors and new members to explore your spiritual gifts and take a spiritual gifts assessment.
Service Begins with Prayer
In Paul’s letter to the Philippians, he advises us to “not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” (Philippians 4:6) Our prayer ministry seeks to lift these burdens up to God, so that we may build each other up in prayer.
Of course, prayer is also important to discerning our calling and who will lead us. We hope you will join us in praying for our spiritual leaders and those whom God would call. The harvest is plentiful (Matthew 9:37-38)…where will you serve?
Opportunities in Our Fellowship
Here are just a few ideas about where you can plug in:
- Greeter and usher ministries — welcoming individuals on Sunday mornings to the Kingswood Church family for worship
- Office administration — answering phones, greeting visitors
- Teaching Sunday school, or starting a new class or small group
- Chaperoning a youth outing
- Assisting with the altar guild and the set-up for worship services
- Helping with church communications, including web site and social media
- Playing with our children during the church hour by volunteering for worship care
Do you need more ideas? Speak with a pastor or member of the staff — we would be glad to help align your gifts with an area of need!