If you have a passion for working with youth and helping to guide their faith journeys, we invite you to apply for our current open position of Youth Director! Please apply by submitting your resume to Jan Ganzeveld at email@example.com.
The Director of Youth Ministries (Youth Director) is responsible for leading, overseeing, and assessing
programs and activities impacting youth ages 12 thru 18 (6th – 12th grade). The Youth Director contributes to Kingswood’s vision by creating spaces for students to encounter Christ and respond. The Youth Director will work with other staff, lay leaders and volunteers to expand and enhance a program of Sunday school, Sunday evening activities, Confirmation, retreats, service projects, and mission trips for youth. The Youth Director will harness their creativity and spirituality to shape the future of the program and impact lives.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Actively contribute to the four cornerstones of Kingswood’s mission: passionate worship and discipleship; engaging in radical hospitality and building a loving community; serving the greater good in ministry and mission; and sharing the good news of Christ locally and globally
- Pursue continual growth in personal/spiritual knowledge
- Read, research and study curricular resources, especially United Methodist materials, to provide highest quality in content for Christian education
- Partner with staff and lay leadership to expand youth engagement in the total life of the church
- Work with adult volunteers to lead weekly youth activities at Kingswood on Sundays (morning and evening) and Wednesdays (evening); engage youth in the life of the church; and actively interact with church members and guests
- Partner with Senior Pastor to implement and deliver Confirmation and other classes, and include/increase youth participation in Sunday services via readings and prayers
- Explore opportunities for the youth to put their faith into action through caring for others
- Organize events and trips for the youth
- Grow the youth program by engaging with youth not currently involved via community events and a strengthened social media presence
- Engage in the recruiting, training, scheduling and mentoring of adult volunteers
- Train and monitor compliance to Safe Sanctuary requirements
- Assure that the safety and sanitary conditions of the youth café and youth Sunday school areas meet established requirements.
- Coordinate with staff and volunteers to publicize events.
- Responsibly manage the assigned budget for the youth ministry
- Attend staff meetings and report on progress in areas assigned
- Attend weekly Wednesday Night Suppers to engage families in the life of the church
Classification: Part-time salaried, non-exempt
Hours: average 20-25 hours per week, including attendance at Sunday activities (morning and evening),
Wednesday fellowship (evening), and some meetings which may fall in the evenings or on the weekend