THANK YOU KINGSWOOD for your faithful support of the Backpack Buddies ministry throughout the pandemic. We continue to supply bags of food weekly for twenty-five Kinsley Elementary School families experiencing food insecurity. Over the past months we’ve asked for snack-type items and thanks to the generosity of our congregation we are well stocked on those. We’d like to shift the focus now and resume collecting fruits, vegetables, and protein items that can be included in the bags.
Our needs at the present time are for:
- Canned vegetables (such as carrots, peas, corn, green beans, mixed vegetables, tomatoes)
- Canned fruit (such as peaches, pears, oranges, fruit cocktail)
- Canned pasta (such as SpaghettiOs and Chef Boyardee products)
- Canned beans (such as black beans, kidney beans, northern beans)
- Canned meats (such as tuna, chicken, SPAM, Vienna sausages)
If you are interested in participating, please purchase some of the items above and then drop them off by the Pickup/Dropoff station under the portico. Just place them in the shopping cart labeled “Backpack Buddies.”