For over a month now, Kingswood volunteers have been making weekly deliveries of non-perishable food items to Kingsley Elementary School for distribution to children who experience food insecurity over the weekend. There are many opportunities to participate in this ministry! Would you like to help sort food for the backpacks? Or deliver bags of food to Kingsley? Visit the Signup Genius at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f45a9ae2fa02-backpack to see volunteer opportunities and get involved.
Through this ministry we are providing approximately 400 individual items food items each week (16 items each for 25 backpacks)! So there is and will be an ongoing need for food donations. Please consider donating any the items listed below. Collection bins will be permanently located in the Welcome Center and in the lobby of the Community Life Center.
Should you wish to make a monetary donation, just write “Backpack Buddies” in the memo line of your check.
Questions? Contact Heather Nadler at (404) 281-0444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PROTEINS – canned beans (15 oz. cans or smaller), canned tuna, canned chicken, soup, canned pasta with meat
- DRY GOODS – pasta, rice, dried beans
- BREAKFAST ITEMS – single-serving boxes of cereal, single-serving packages of instant oatmeal, cereal bars, granola bars, protein bars
- FRUIT – canned fruit, individual fruit cups/applesauce
- VEGETABLES – canned vegetables (15 oz. cans or smaller)
- SNACKS (in single-serving packages) – crackers, cookies, goldfish, pretzels, raisins
- JUICE – 100% juice boxes
- MILK – single-serving, non-refrigerated cartons (similar to juice boxes)